CapabilityCafe organizes coffee catch ups every once a month for Capability Managers and Practitioners across cities in Australia.Our discussions focus around current business skills, capability management challenges and opportunities from an HR/L&D point of view.
Who can join the catch up?
Invitation to the CapabilityCafe Coffee Catch Up is extended to enthusiasts who have expertise or interest in:
- Effectiveness of learning to deliver business results
- Developing capability of the learning function
- Implementation of “new learning” which encompasses blended learning, performance support, e-Learning etc.
- Have a bias for putting into practice (as opposed to academic interest), so that we can discuss barriers/ challenges/ realities i.e. the grit of deploying “new learning” or increasing the effectiveness of learning in organisations.
- Interested in pure discussion (not selling products, or services or expertise) and maintain the integrity of the discussion.
How can I join a CapabilityCafe Coffee Catch Up?
Type in your details to the right hand side form on this page
What is discussed?
The discussion mainly focuses around topical themes in Capability Management, Organisational Innovation & Performance that help understand the essentials of business and the challenges and opportunities of managing capability.
How is the discussion structured?
- Moderation of a session rotates amongst the members. The topic for the session is chosen in advance by the group.
- As a group of experienced professionals everyone’s contribution is valued and differences in opinions are respected. All opinions and insights are welcome.
- The discussion especially about work related issues/ topics are kept confidential within the group.
Is attendance compulsory?
- The Coffee Catch Up will be held at a time/ date agreed by the group. Each catch up usually has 10 – 12 members.
- You are not expected to attend every meeting given our busy schedules. 4 – 5 members usually turn up which results in some interesting conversion
Is any preparation required?
Some research on the topic to share with the group will be appreciated. But really just get your insights and opinions.
Is there a cost involved?
Currently no, all you need to do is pay for your own coffee.
What are the guidelines?
- Safe sharing
- No sales